Healthy SchoolsServices for schools in Halton
Halton Healthy Schools
The local Halton Healthy School initiative looks to help the whole school community, i.e. pupils, parents, governors and school staff, to be healthy.
The aim of Healthy schools is to deliver real benefits, specifically:
- to support the whole school community in developing healthy behaviours
- to help raise the achievement of children and young people
- to help reduce health inequalities
- to help promote social inclusion
The initiative offers all schools in Halton support, programmes within the school, training, resources, guidance and signposting to other services.
Programmes we run in local schools in Runcorn and Widnes inlcude:
- Healthitude (covering subjects such as healthy eating, physical activity, tobacco education, alcohol, cyber bullying, mental health and resilience.).
- Fit 4 Life
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
Change4Life School Zone
Change4Life has developed a new resource for primary teachers called the School Zone, which provides curriculum-linked materials and inspiration to help schools teach children about healthy eating and being active.
The School Zone features exciting lesson ideas, homework tasks and whole school activities for you to use with KS1 and KS2 pupils.
Subscribe to the Change4Life School Zone newsletter and get access to resources and news about the upcoming January healthy eating campaign.