Age Well ExerciseKeeping you active and healthy as you age
Do you find that those daily tasks you used to take for granted are getting harder? Things like:
- Getting up out of bed or a chair
- Getting on or off the bus
- Climbing the stairs
- Getting washed and dressed
Perhaps you’ve already had a fall or feel unsteady on your feet.
- Keeping active is key to staying fit, mobile and independent as you get older.
- Our Age Well classes offer gentle, easy exercises to improve stability, balance, coordination and strength to reduce your risk of falling.
- Our Age Well Exercise classes are also ideal if you’ve already had a fall.
- Being able to keep doing those everyday tasks and chores makes a huge difference to keeping your independence and confidence in later life.
Our fully qualified instructors are all trained to a nationally recognised standard.
A fall can be serious at any age, but as we get older, the risk of injury increases, as does recovery time. Our specially designed exercises will help you:
- Reduce your risk of falling
- Strengthen your muscles and bones
- Improve your balance and coordination
- Help you carry out everyday tasks more easily
- Increase your confidence and mobility
- The classes are also a great place to meet new people!
After 12 weeks of attending the hour long weekly sessions and practising once a week at home you will find everyday tasks getting much easier and your confidence levels will improve.
There is an opportunity for tea & a chat at the end of the class and a chance to find out what other services in Halton are available.
Speak to your GP about joining the classes. If you would like more information, please call the Halton Health Improvement Team on 0300 029 0029 or visit the Sure Start to Later Life service.