Exercise on ReferralHelping you get fitter and healthier
Our Exercise on Referral programme is aimed at people with long term conditions and offers you the chance to work with one of our Lifestyle Advisors to make long-term changes and improvements to your health through exercise. If you have a long term condition, including heart or lung conditions such as COPD, stroke or cancer, our low cost exercise classes are designed to help you improve your activity levels which can help you to better manage your health.
Our courses promote the benefits of physical activity, help participants increase their activity levels and reduce the risk of ill health.
For those people for whom our popular Fresh Start programme is not suitable, you may be accepted onto the Exercise Referral scheme.
- Free health check
- Helps you get more active
- Takes your fitness level and medical history into account
- Venues across Runcorn and Widnes
- Suitable for people with medical conditions (speak to your GP first)
Speak to your GP or practice nurse about a referral or call us on 0300 029 0029 for more information.
Our classes include:
- Living Well with Cancer: Small gym/circuit-based class specifically tailored for people during and after cancer treatment. Exercise can help reduce the side effects of treatment, including fatigue, weight gain, bone & muscle loss as well as improve mood, confidence & ability to cope. Exercise can also play a key role in prevention & recurrence.
- Yoga 4 Cancer: Come and feel comfortable to do as much or as little as you feel able in a relaxing & supportive environment. Gentle stretches, some strengthening exercises, LOTS of stress release & deep relaxation. We also have seated options for those who prefer.
- Stroke Recovery Classes: If you’re recovering from a stroke, gentle, regular physical activity can make a huge difference to your life. Our class is tailored for people recovering from a stroke to help you build strength and mobility and regain your independence.
- Movement Matters: If you suffer from chronic back pain our class is designed to help you improve your flexibility, mobility, core strength and posture to help improve your quality of life. Exercises are tailored to your individual needs and ability.