Stop Smoking ServicesWe can help you quit your habit!
If you are looking for help and advice on how to cut down or stop smoking, great support is offered through our local Stop Smoking Service in Halton. Our trained team of advisors use tried and tested ways to help you change your smoking habits. An example of this is using nicotine therapy.
There are a number of easy ways you can access the Halton Stop Smoking Service:
You can turn up to one of our drop-in sessions
- Visit your GP
- Drop-in to your local chemist
- Email us at HIT@halton.gov.uk
- Give us a call on 0300 029 0029
Contact us for details of additional and one-to-one sessions in Widnes and Runcorn.
Please note – there are no sessions on public and bank holidays.
- Free advice and support, tailored to the individual needs of the smoker
- One-to-one or group support and advice from trained staff, for people motivated to stop smoking
- Access to free or reduced cost Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) via a voucher scheme
- Support within workplace settings
- Support for in-patients within hospital settings
- Smoking prevention, education and support within schools
- Specialist advice to pregnant and breast-feeding smokers
- Training in delivering smoking cessation techniques
They can also answer your questions, such as:
- How does NRT (nicotine replacement therapy) work?
- What else can I use?
- Will I put on weight?
- What will I do when I usually smoke?
- What if I start smoking again?
- How can I relax instead?
- How much money will I save?
- Is it worth the effort?
Trained pharmacies can also offer stop smoking advice and treatment.